Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Great Couple of Weekends

The first weekend in September Brian and I ran away! Brain had a conference in Vegas and I decided to go too! Why not? Work paid for the gas and the hotel so I was free except for food!

On our way there we stopped to stretch our legs at Cove Fort. We did a little tour there and had a great time. What a beautiful little stop! Brian ate the best snap pea he has ever had as we were leaving.

I thought this was so funny. As we pulled up we saw about half a dozen Senior Elders chillin' on the grass. I also loved to big wooden sign. When I grow up I want to serve in Cove Fort!

Brian and I had such a nice time relaxing while he was not in classes that we forgot to take any pictures in Vegas but these two. They tell a story...

We love Trader Joe's! We wish that they would come to Utah! Everytime we go near one we have to stop and load up on all kind of yummies. We decided that as we were getting to Vegas we would get a few things for food so that we could cut down on the cost of eating out. What better place to do that in than Trader Joe's. We have been to the one in Vegas only one other time. brian figured he remebered how to get there well enough so we were going to go for it and try to find it with out an adress or map! He took one exit and I said not yet. You can see it from the freeway. We took his exit and he was WRONG! I told him to continue down Washington and we would see it on the left. He did not believe me and wanted to get back on the freeway and go back a few exits. I conviced him to continue on and guess what was about a mile further up the road? You got it! The Trader Joe's! Brian has learned that whenit comes to me and good food I will never get lost!

The proof that it was on Wahsington...

This last weekend we decided to go for a drive after church. This is what we found...

It was only the 14th of September. Aparently Fall comes early this year!

I love the canyons we live near.

We had a wonderufl time talking about life and what makes us happy and we relised that for both of us it is family! We miss our families that don't live closer and wish we could see the family that lives near by more often. We hope that life will allow us to have our own family and that it will also allow us to all live closer some day! Sometimes you forget how much your family means to you untill you have time to stop and think about it.


We love you guys!

(The last 5 were taken with my camera phone so sorry they are not the best!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vegas sounds like fun. It is nice to run away for a weekend! Keep doing it!

Love,
Aunt Marilyn

Sherie said...

Oh I miss Utah canyons. And way to go for escaping the dorms...not like that's what you were doing :) to get away! Wahoo!