Monday, December 22, 2008

A Upper and A Downer

So I am going to start with the downer first... I broke our home computer! I was trying to watch one of my shows online when the thing froze. The only thing I could do was turn it off. So I did! It decided that it was not going to turn back on. We are lucky that it is still under warranty!!!! They are coming tomorrow and I am praying that they can fix it and that we did not loose anything on it. I know that it is not my fault but I can't help but feel like I broke it. Brian is being a big boy and has not (cried too much.) If anyone knows him you know that that machine is his life line!

I hope they fix it quickly!

Now for the upper...We have decided on a Doctor and are going to move forward. So we thought we would be waiting till August-September to take the next step but lately Brian and I have both really been feeling like we should be doing more. We went to a appointment on December 1st and it was the worst appointment that I have ever been to in my LIFE! As we left we both wondered why we are doing this. why are we going in circles and getting no answers. Why are we torturing ourselves in thinking that there is someone that has an answer for us. Why are we not doing what we both know we need to do to achieve the goals we want.

The very next day I called a fertility place we knew and liked and made an appointment for a phone consult on the 8th of December. We talked with Dr. Slater for over 50 minutes and loved her. We both felt so good about her that we decided after we got off the phone that this was the Doctor for us. The process will all begin in a few weeks. We will be doing in vitro in March, if all goes well.

We are VERY excited and feel VERY good about the decision to do this now and not wait till we had originally planned. There are a few things that have happened that are answers to our prayers and we know that now is the time to start this process.

We will keep you as updated as possible! Things do get crazy and if the computer doesn't get fixed then we are in big trouble!

4 comments:

The Holdaway's said...

Best wishes for this next step. We're praying for your family and hoping everything goes well.

Anonymous said...

The upper makes the downer quite insignificant. I know the computer is important, but the doctor/in vitro process is the only real importance right now. Love,
Aunt Marilyn

Holly R said...

Crystal, I am so glad you found a doctor you like. Good luck with everything.

Sherie said...

sorry this is so late, but congrats on this next step! We are thinking about you!