Thursday, March 12, 2009

What is going on?

We have been in Boise for 5 nights now! We got the call Wednesday and we will do the transfer tomorrow at 1:15 pm. Our little babies need some more time to grow so they feel like a transfer on Friday would be best.

The first night we got into town we found this divine restaurant called Barbacoa. It is a wonderful Spanish style stake house. It was divine!

Us at Barbacoa.

The decorations in the restaurant we very neat! I would love to have been the one that designed it!

We had the retrieval on Sunday and they got 16 eggies. It took me a day to really get over the meds they used to put me out and the pain from the procedure. Brian was so wonderful! He took me home and put me to bed, made sure that I was ok and then left me so that I could rest. He came back two hours later and had a beautiful deli sandwich and some fries for me! It was just what I wanted.

Brian wanted to take a picture of me after I woke up from the retrieval.

Before we left to have the retrieval Brian gave his guys a pep talk. He told them to "be all that they can be in the petri." I laughed so hard!

We finally got a call on Tuesday in the late afternoon. the told us that out of the 16 eggs they retrieved 10 fertilized!

We found a little restaurant down town and I got the best fish and chips I have ever had in my life!

Brian got a really good mac and cheese.

We played Tuesday.We went to a local museum. As we walked through it we felt like we looked like punks or something! We were followed through the entire museum. Needless to say we did not stay long. We saw a movie. Hung out in a bookstore for a few hours. Ate a good dinner.

Wednesday was a long day. We found out that day that we would not be doing the transfer that afternoon. That was a bit heard to hear. I also found out that some of the symptoms I have been going through have been a due to slight OHSS. That has not been fun. I am feeling a lot better today because now I know what to look for and how to treat the problem!

We ate breakfast in a cute little breakfast restaurant.

This is the outside of the restaurant called Goldy's.

As we left Goldy's this is the sign we saw outside of Goldy's. We laughed too hard at it's inappropriateness and promptly took a picture so that we could remember the completely inappropriate funny sign.

We are excited to move forward tomorrow.


We will update as soon as we know how our babies are, if they have grown enough and how tomorrow goes!

6 comments:

Meteor magnets said...

Hang in there guys! You sound like your handling this all well. We will be praying that you end up with more then 1 baby! :D
We love you & I think of you often! Tell Brian the the pep talk should work! Too funny! Keep us posted as I feel apart of your families journey! Love ya! ~Robin

Kirk and Dynelle said...

We are so excited for you guys...and praying for you! I'm jealous that you are going out to dinner and having fun in between it all!

Heather Mills said...

Yay for fertilized eggs! Good luck with everything! How long will you be in Boise? I want to see you guys this April when I come!

Brandon and Sarah said...

I have been waiting and waiting to hear how it is going - so thank you!! We will pray for sticky babies!! Love you guys!

Molly Bee said...

My fingers are crossed for your guys! You're in my prayers!

Emily said...

Good luck you guys!! And enjoy your little outings too, because those days are soon to be over! (Hopefully, right???) You are in our thoughts and prayers!