Thursday, March 5, 2009

Roller Coaster Ride

Sorry there was not an update yesterday. The roller coaster decided to take a sharp turn. After the high estrogen level on Tuesday we lowered the stims on Wednesday and no stims on Thursday. It was back to the lab on Thursday to check to estrogen level again. The result were not good. They wanted my estrogen to be about 2000-5000 and mine was 7826. They considered triggering me but decide they wanted to give it one more day to see if the level would go down so I wouldn't get OHSS. I went back in to the lab this morning and the results were much better. My estrogen was at 2223! I have just triggered and we are heading out tomorrow morning to Boise!
The good news with all of this is that we can do a fresh transfer. When my estrogen was so high they were thinking that for my health they were going to need to freeze all of the embryos that we got. Now that it is lower we are no longer at risk and can do the fresh transfer.
The retrieval will take place at 10:30 am on Sunday. We are scheduled for a fresh transfer on Wednesday.
I am still feeling bloated but that is to be expected when you have over 15 follicles that are measuring in at over 25 mm. We feel very hopeful that we will get some wonderful healthy babies! Now I just need to keep them in me when they are put in.
The ride continues! It was much funner today!

5 comments:

Megan said...

I will keep you two in our prayers this next week. I hope the ride doesn't get too much rockier.

Brandon and Sarah said...

We are praying for you two - I hope that you feel more comfortable soon!

emily and kevin griffin said...

good luck and i hope it all goes well! we are excited for you!

Shauna said...

I am so glad your levels went down! I wish you and Brian the best this weekend! I hope evrything goes well and all of your incredible dedication and love for your future children will pay off.

lori said...

Sheesh! What a ride! You guys are awesome - way to hang in there. We're so grateful for the happy news and we're praying the good news keeps coming!!!