I went in Yesterday morning for some blood work and received a call from the office in Boise telling me that my estrogen level was a little high. They wanted to see my number in the 500-1000 range and I was at 2156. I would say that is high. That is over double the highest they want it! They told me that they wanted me to continue with my Lupron, take the Follisitim down by half and stop the Menopur. I am not to take anything but my Lupron on Thursday and then I will see my Nurse Pratitioner and she will instruct me on how much of what to take that day if anything.
That was all fine and dandy until the Nurse Practitioner called later that day and wanted to make sure I had gotten all of the info. She told me they are worried that I might be developing OHSS. I did a little read up on it and thought nothing of it because when the nurse in Boise called she didn't say anything about it. My NP told me that she needed me to do another blood test before I saw her tomorrow and that she would be able to see how I am doing then. I was also instructed to do 30 extra grams of protein in a shake form everyday and that seemed to help prevent OHSS.
I got that info about 5 minutes before I stepped into a long afternoon of meetings! As I sat in those meetings I began to really worry. I have been very uncomfortable and actually hurting most of the time. I realy don't want us to be postponed and I know it is to soon to know if that will happen but it is still hard not to worry about that!
I will update tomorrow! Cross your finger for us!
That was all fine and dandy until the Nurse Practitioner called later that day and wanted to make sure I had gotten all of the info. She told me they are worried that I might be developing OHSS. I did a little read up on it and thought nothing of it because when the nurse in Boise called she didn't say anything about it. My NP told me that she needed me to do another blood test before I saw her tomorrow and that she would be able to see how I am doing then. I was also instructed to do 30 extra grams of protein in a shake form everyday and that seemed to help prevent OHSS.
I got that info about 5 minutes before I stepped into a long afternoon of meetings! As I sat in those meetings I began to really worry. I have been very uncomfortable and actually hurting most of the time. I realy don't want us to be postponed and I know it is to soon to know if that will happen but it is still hard not to worry about that!
I will update tomorrow! Cross your finger for us!
2 comments:
Please let us know when you hear, Crystal!! I wish I had pushed for details yesterday at the meetings! You are so brave. Please know we're praying for you constantly. What an ORDEAL!! We'll be anxious to hear...
I hope this all works out soon! Your sacrifices will pay off!
Post a Comment