Monday, June 8, 2009

Beauty

What is beauty? When does it come into your life? How do you know it is beauty? Can a day be beauty? Can words be beauty? Are people beauty? Can you feel beauty?

Yesterday I had the most beautiful day and experience ever! Days like yesterday are what help me to understand beauty. It started at 9 am. I sat in the beginning part of church and felt full for one of the first times in a long time. Not that I have been struggling but I wanted to be there more that I have in years. I was being filled with love that I had not realized I was missing.

Next it was off to the first of two classes. Brian taught that class and he was truly inspired as to what to teach and how to teach it. Once again I was filled beyond a point I knew I could be filled.

I was then blessed to be in a class with the beautiful girls of our ward. The lesson started by the reading of a very powerful story. I was crying so hard at this point there was no real stopping it. I was beginning to understand the beauty that was my yesterday. Little did I know that I really had no clue as to what beauty was even at that point.

We are blessed to live in an area full of wonderful and inspiring people who touch our lives and those around us. Yesterday I met one of the most beautiful people I have ever known. After we read the inspiring and touching story the door opened and the most beautiful person stood in the doorway.

I need you to know that even a day later this beauty that I was blessed to behold is still bringing tears to my eyes as I think if the feeling of love, strength and beauty that filled the room when she opened the door.

We were so blessed to hear words of encouragement and love from this beauty. She told the girls how it is one of the greatest blessing to be a mom and that the power to be a mother is wonderful. How in times of trial she has found strength in her family and they are who help her remember why she is here. She then told how before she had a surgery just about a month ago she felt that she needed to smile at everyone she came in contact with. She needed to share her beauty with those around her. As she did she could feel it touching the lives of those around her and strengthening her. I listened to these words of faith and all I could think of was how beautiful this woman was that stood before me. How strong she is and how much I long to be more like her in my own life.

It was a beauty that was inside and outside. It was a beauty that made my whole day beautiful. It was a beauty that came from a woman. It was a beauty that came from this woman's words. It was a beauty that could be felt by all who were there yesterday.

It was a beautiful day!

Thank you Stephanie for blessing my life with your beauty!

2 comments:

David and Katie said...

What a great post and I can't believe she was actually there with you yesterday. She is amazing, isn't she? So much faith, and you're right - beauty.

Kirk and Dynelle said...

I've followed her story for a couple months now and have been so inspired by her. Especially as a mom. I'm kinda jealous you got to meet her, but meeting her sounds just like I imagined.