How it All Started
This is it! The moment has arrived. Babies. Babies. Babies.
Here is a string of text messages from Crystal, sent this morning during a routine non-stress test at UVRMC. The beginning of the biggest adventure of our lives...
11:10 A.M. - "Bp still high and urine is now 4+. They are talking to the dr before I go."
11:15 A.M. - "The drs are talking to each other."
And then she called, calmer than I would have expected, to notify me that I needed to find my way to the hospital.
As I gathered my things from my cubicle and prepared to leave, nearby coworkers gathered in excitement to wish us luck. As the noise level increased, heads popped up from above cubicle walls, like prairie dogs standing on their hind legs to get a better vantage point. Some people don't like being the center of attention, but it didn't bother me one bit on this, the greatest day in the history of my world.
Thanks to my good friend, Allen B., who apparently doesn't believe in signaling when driving, I was able to get home, grab the suitcase next to the door, and get to the hospital. Non-signaling aside, that was one of the oddest rides of my life. My mind was racing, knowing that this is the moment we have been waiting for, praying for, and now it is here. Totally surreal, almost an out of body moment.
Arriving at the Hospital
I arrived at the hospital, with suitcase, pillows, camcorder, and slippers in tow, beaming like an idiot.
"Daddy Got the Big Suite!"
The rooms in this hospital are spacious enough to comfortably fit a foosball table, a few recliners, and a big screen TV. This is like the five star luxury sweet, baby! Not to mention, they have more cable channels than we could ever wish for and a library with movies. I can't think of a better way to bring two baby boys into this world than having Star Wars playing in the background. Crystal disagrees.
Here is a picture of the room from Crystal's perspective:
The Wait Begins
At any rate, Crystal has begun the slow process of induction, a process that will last long into the night and early into tomorrow morning. Granted, both Crystal and I are novice at this birth stuff, but the waiting and anticipation seem to be the worst part so far. Unless, of course, you ask Crystal, who will tell you that lying half naked in a very uncomfortable bed for the last eight hours is no picnic either. Goodbye dignity.
So Beautiful
Even as she lays in her bed, miserable and cursing like a sailor, Crystal is so beautiful. I love this woman.
More posts to follow...
7 comments:
yah!!! I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait to see those little boys. I'll be praying for you and the little guys.
love ya,
Deanna
I was shocked and super excited for you! Good luck Crystal! We will be praying for you and those boys. Hope things go well for you too Brian.
We're excitedly awaiting to find out how everyone is doing! Praying for a smooth, uneventful (in a birthing point of view) delivery! We love you guys & can't wait to meet the Hunter Boys!
To say this Grandma is excited would be such an understatement! I am headed to the hospital (2:09 a.m.) because I can't sleep anyway. I want to get there before these handsome boys do! They are coming to the greatest possible parents! I am so happy for you two. Love you both so much. At long last (smile).
Grandma Bug
To say this Grandma is excited would be such an understatement! I am headed to the hospital (2:09 a.m.) because I can't sleep anyway. I want to get there before these handsome boys do! They are coming to the greatest possible parents! I am so happy for you two. Love you both so much. At long last (smile).
Grandma Bug
Good luck you guys!!!!! Keep as posted as soon as those two beautiful boys get here! Then the fun begins!!! My love to you both!
YAY! Hope all goes smoothly.
Post a Comment