Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ouch

I have little coordination. Brian laughs at me constantly as I fall, trip and run into things all the time. This time it wasn't so funny to me! I decided I was going to be a good wife and get the laundry done before Brian got home from work. I loaded up the basket and took it down stairs to the laundry room. Both of the washers were being used so I safely locked our things in our storage cage and proceed to go back upstairs. If any of you are familiar with where I live we have a triangle step of death that a lot of my residents trip on or fall off of. I have also tripped and fallen off of this deadly step more that once. This time going up the stairs it wasn't the steep of death that got me it was my stupid new slippers! I got one foot half way on the step when the slipper didn't follow. I found myself quickly sliding down the stairs on just my big toes. Ouch!!! I got upstairs as quickly as I could , sat down and cried! It hurt so badly. I was more mad at myself for tripping than upset that I was hurt. All I could think of was the boot that I had gotten out of only two months ago. I prayed that nothing was broken. The end result of the foot trauma was some nasty bruising and that was all. I had to take a picture and show you because I have never seen bruises like these on a foot that has not had surgery on to it. This is all stairs and happened 3 days before this photo was taken. It took 3 days to be able to walk on my feet normally. Not fun!!

3 comments:

TheBassettBunch said...

DON"T DO ANYTHING THAT IS GOING TO KEEP YOU FROM COMING!!! I mean it...just stay in bed. WE can't wait to see you. Hope it heals fast! love ya

The Holdaway's said...

Ouch, hurting your feet (or most nay other body part) is never enjoybale. Hoep you're better now...

The Dirty Duncans said...

i love you hope you are feeling better