Brian and I had a wonderful time come and go for us. As of Oct 18th we have been married for 5 years! We celebrated a weekend early because I had to work on our anniversary. We headed up to Park City for a wonderful weekend. We stayed in a condo that we have stayed at before. This time they gave us a gross one but we enjoyed getting away. We ate well and slept well. We decided that we wanted some hot chocolate one night so we went out to go to the local Starbucks. (They have great hot chocolate) Apparently everything in Park City closes early because at 9 pm we could not find a single Starbucks open for the life of us. We decided that we were above this and we could make the best hot chocolate we had ever tasted. We headed to the local Smith's. We found the best gourmet mix we could find and bought whip cream and a chocolate bar to shave on the top. Let me tell you it was good!
This was also the first weekend in Utah that we got snow this season. It really came down in P.C. I had to take these pictures of these flowers because they look like I felt...COLD!

Saturday for our anniversary we went on the hunt. We needed a few things for the house and were going to find them. We (Brian) were going to take family pictures for a friend so we didn't have to much time. We headed up to Salt Lake and took the wrong exit. (I told him it was 90th not 72nd) this turn of events landed us on the path to utter success! I have passed a store called Home Again several times and have always want to look in. We passed the store and I told Brian I had always wanted to go in so he turned the car around like a good husband does and we went in. This is a home consignment shop. We walked around a drooled over all of the beautiful things they had. I was looking a a pair of queen anne chairs they had when I saw what they were placed in front of. It was this big beautiful antique Mongolian chest. I quickly called Biran over to gaulk at it with me. We then noticed the price and had to ask why it was that cheap. The man told us it had been there for a long time so the price had been reduced. I had a hard time walking away. I did and finished looking at the store. Then proptly walked back over to the chest and sat in one of the chairs in front of it. I began to imagine the chest in my living room. It would be perfect! Brian was also having a hard time leaving the chest. We talked a decided that it would be the perfect piece for our entertainment center. WE BOUGHT IT!

I think it looks great with the whole feel we have in our living room. Once we finish putting pictures up and get the last few details done in the room I will post a picture of the whole living room along with the rest of the house.
It is amazing how long it can take you to get trully settled in when you move. We have no more boxes and yet I feel like we are still moving.
The fun thing is that for your 5 year anniversary the traditional gift to give is wood. Well for my anniversary I got a large piece of wood furniture that I think I will have for many years to come!
Brian also did a wonderful job in the gift department this year and I don't ever want to forget how wonderful he was. He bought me some of those CD's that they have in the stores and you can listen to them by pushing on a picture of the cover of the CD. We really like to listen to them and generally like the softer selections. (We are getting old) He bought me pancake mix that he made for me one morning we were in P.C. He got me a photo album because we don't take enough pictures of us together and gave me the charge to fill it with pictures of the two of us. Two cute magnets. My favorite thing was the way he incorporated the wood thing in. He got me some wooden spoons and wrote on them things that are meaningful to the two of us.
All I got him was a few car wash gift certificates, I tunes bucks, and a movie.
It is a good thing he is supper practical.
I love you Brian!
I am glad we can have an ETERNITY full of anniversary's!
I think it looks great with the whole feel we have in our living room. Once we finish putting pictures up and get the last few details done in the room I will post a picture of the whole living room along with the rest of the house.
The fun thing is that for your 5 year anniversary the traditional gift to give is wood. Well for my anniversary I got a large piece of wood furniture that I think I will have for many years to come!
Brian also did a wonderful job in the gift department this year and I don't ever want to forget how wonderful he was. He bought me some of those CD's that they have in the stores and you can listen to them by pushing on a picture of the cover of the CD. We really like to listen to them and generally like the softer selections. (We are getting old) He bought me pancake mix that he made for me one morning we were in P.C. He got me a photo album because we don't take enough pictures of us together and gave me the charge to fill it with pictures of the two of us. Two cute magnets. My favorite thing was the way he incorporated the wood thing in. He got me some wooden spoons and wrote on them things that are meaningful to the two of us.
All I got him was a few car wash gift certificates, I tunes bucks, and a movie.
It is a good thing he is supper practical.
I love you Brian!
I am glad we can have an ETERNITY full of anniversary's!
5 comments:
Congratulations on 5 years. I don't remember making it to your wedding. Where in the world was I? Nope, my mind is lost, I don't know. I love you Crystal and hope everything is going well.
Love,
~Kacy
Sounds like an ideal celebration all around! It is fun to be spoiled! That is a beautiful chest thing.
I love the wood! (chest) You two have so much fun together. Your stories are fun to read too. Happy 5th anniversary again. Love, Mom
Congratulations on your first 5 years! Sounds like you had a great get-away! And an awesome discovery at the Home Again store.
May you have countless more anniversaries to come. Love ya! - Polly
Congratulations on 5 years! It is awesome to hear that things are going so well with you.
Post a Comment