We are now 21 weeks into this pregnancy. This means we were sent to a specialist and will continue to see him and our regular OB for the remainder for the pregnancy. We went to the perinatology appointment on Monday and got to see the boys! That is always our favorite thing.
The best part was that I did not want them to be too active so I did not consume any sugar before the appointment. They start by measuring the heads and then moved down the bodies for measurements. When the nurse focused in on the right boys head she had a hard time getting a good picture to measure from because they were both moving too much. It was pretty funny. If this is any indication of what is to come we are in for some active boys!
Brian and I were trying to listen to the DR and watch our boys at the same time so we both saw different things that were our favorite. Brian saw one of the hands curled up next to one of their faces. I loved seeing the lips and noses of each of them. I even got to see one open his mouth.
They took all of their measurements and everything looked great. As far as they can see the boys are both healthy and doing well. One of the boys measured in at about 14 oz and the other was at 15 oz. They are right on track. No wonder I am getting big!
I have had a few first lately. I was driving to a friends house and already had to pee (I had gone before getting in the car for the 15 min ride) when one of the boys thought it would be a good idea to kick me in the bladder. That was a fun sensation. I also have my first two deep purple love (stretch) marks on my belly. I know they are the first of many to come. The boys have started playing king of the hill at night. I will lay on one side until I can feel the one I am laying on start to push against me and tell me he is done being squished. I will then roll over until the that boy does the same thing. Brian thinks it is funny but it is keeping both of us up so now Brian has taken to sleeping in the extra room. He has to get up early and work away from home all day so sleep is very important for him.
We are so excited to have these boys join our family. It is just so fun that we are at this place in our lives. We are so blessed!
The best part was that I did not want them to be too active so I did not consume any sugar before the appointment. They start by measuring the heads and then moved down the bodies for measurements. When the nurse focused in on the right boys head she had a hard time getting a good picture to measure from because they were both moving too much. It was pretty funny. If this is any indication of what is to come we are in for some active boys!
Brian and I were trying to listen to the DR and watch our boys at the same time so we both saw different things that were our favorite. Brian saw one of the hands curled up next to one of their faces. I loved seeing the lips and noses of each of them. I even got to see one open his mouth.
They took all of their measurements and everything looked great. As far as they can see the boys are both healthy and doing well. One of the boys measured in at about 14 oz and the other was at 15 oz. They are right on track. No wonder I am getting big!
I have had a few first lately. I was driving to a friends house and already had to pee (I had gone before getting in the car for the 15 min ride) when one of the boys thought it would be a good idea to kick me in the bladder. That was a fun sensation. I also have my first two deep purple love (stretch) marks on my belly. I know they are the first of many to come. The boys have started playing king of the hill at night. I will lay on one side until I can feel the one I am laying on start to push against me and tell me he is done being squished. I will then roll over until the that boy does the same thing. Brian thinks it is funny but it is keeping both of us up so now Brian has taken to sleeping in the extra room. He has to get up early and work away from home all day so sleep is very important for him.
We are so excited to have these boys join our family. It is just so fun that we are at this place in our lives. We are so blessed!
8 comments:
Yes, and when they're born you can remind him of all the good nights' sleep he's been able to have for months and months, and make him get up for you occasionally :)
cute and exciting and I teared up just a little...
Every day should just get more exciting now. Sounds as if everything is going according to plan. Thanks for keeping us informed.
Love,
Aunt Marilyn
deep purple love marks HA! I love that. Isn't it fun how you can get to know their personalities and grow to love them so much while they are still in the womb!?! It really is a miracle!
This is so incredibly exciting! They will be with you before you know it!
How fun Crystal! I hope you are able to get some sleep during the day to make up for your night owls!
yay! we are so excited for you and your little boys! can't wait to see them, but they can wait a little longer...:)
Those boys just don't want you to get so busy that you forget about them. It is so hard to be so far away and so hard to wait for them to be born! Love you muches my growing daughter :)
Post a Comment